Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Poems by HB

Thing Wished For

marry me
on the hills rolling towards the sea
on top of a lighthouse
be my path
be my light
dance with me
in the windy eye of the storm
in a room full of people
be my shelter
be what others are afraid to be
write to me
when you're far from where I am
when you're a blink away
never forget me
remember the little things
be there for me
when my world falls apart
when I laugh until I cry
hold me together
let me fall apart
want me
chase me when I run away
never give up, even when I fight you
make me your world
make me your love

Painful Realizations

my tears taste sweet on my lips
another broken heart and another someone to miss
friendship never seemed so far away
that will never be enough for me

when you said those things you meant them
how can you be so cold now
i try so hard but i always knew i was never enough
obviously i'm more broken than you thought

the smell of summer winds long past fills my nose
as i take a deep breath and more tears swell up
where i want to be now...
shut me out and wiped away our memories

tick tock....as i watch the phone for a call
while you pretend you don't know i called
or you're busy, right?
don't treat me like a child, don't pacify me.

i know the truth

Ramblings of a Heart Broken Girl's Brain

how i feel is nothing anymore,
insignificant in your master plan.
how i feel is killing me inside,
knowing i'm not what your dreams are made of.
how it hurts me,
you'll never completely see.
how it wrecked me,
part of me thinks you'll never care.
how my life changed
is not for the better like you want to think.
how my everyday
feels empty and lonely.
how i'll make it through the tears,
is a question without an answer.
how you could do this,
something i've asked myself a thousand times.
how i could let myself fall harder than before,
such a silly mistake it is to fall in love...
so please answer me this one question,
how am i to live, if you don't care anymore?

Angel(s)

caught between two lies
the lie that we'll work
and the lie that it's not wrong
stuck between two smiles
one that laughs with me
one that laughs at me
lost between their eyes
the eyes that watch me
and the ones i watch for
standing between best friends
the one who wants me sometimes
and the one who could care less
what to do...
when all there is to do...
is to be not wanted...
and be...
in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment